Thursday, July 10, 2008

BookFest, Birthdays and Carrot Cake

So, the big news is that BookFest is this Sunday!!!! I'm stoked! Books, books, books! There are never enough books. We started in 1995 and now it is year 13 and we are celebrating on 7/13 (lucky 13) which is also the day before my birthday!!

Speaking of birthdays, I don't really even know why I still get all giddy about my birthday. It isn't like I'm anticipating getting a bicycle or a toy or a stereo or any of the things I was hoping for when I was a kid. Now, when people ask me what I want, I think of things like a trip to the beach, a nice dinner at my favorite restaurant, game night with friends. But I still get excited that it is my birthday. In fact, at work, we have what is called a "Floating Holiday" which can be used any day of the year, so I take my birthday as my holiday. I love that.

The one thing I know I want for my birthday is a piece of carrot cake. I have been craving carrot cake for a while now. Without raisins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin