Saturday, July 26, 2008

Approaching 100 posts

This is my 96th published post this year on WildRumpusing! I haven't written anything particularly literary or too entertaining, however, I have been writing more and thinking more (even when I don't write stuff down).

I read a bunch of older posts at 37Days (I know, I know - I told you it was a blogaffair). Some of the posts made me cry. Made me want to live a different kind of life, made me want to explore more of the real stuff.

Funny, when I was younger, I was less afraid of looking at real stuff and now that I am more fully the real me, I don't take the time to examine my life much. I get distracted by the day-to-dayness of it all. I never thought that would happen to me.

I am struck by another 80s movie line from "The Breakfast Club" - Ally Sheedy's character says, "When you grow up, your heart dies." Now, I don't think my heart died. Nothing so dramatic. It just stopped paying attention to things. It's in there - the desire to look at life and to care about the little things. It is just a swimming-against-the-current scenario. I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin