Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mad at Myself

So, I snuck off to Manzanita to see Patti read from "Life is a Verb". I got her autograph (posted on 7/16, I believe). I was a little late because I had been at work and not at all sure I could get away in time. At the last minute, I had to give up my computer and left in time to see an hour of the 1.5 hour event.

The whole time, I had been planning to bring my mom to see Patti's reading in Portland at Reed College. A family situation came up and I was not able to go to that reading. But there was still Bend! Saturday, July 25 at 7:30pm.

Um. Yeah. Not so much. The Bend reading starts at 5:00pm. I just went to mapquest to get directions and start my plan to drive to Bend - 3.5 hours away. And the event starts at 5:00pm. If I did go, I would be late again.

I feel all deflated even though I could have gone late. I decided not to. 7 hours total drive time seems like a lot for a 1 hour reading, if I was lucky enough to get there that quickly. I'm sad that I missed her again. Totally my own fault. :(

It makes my trip to Manzanita that much more important. I'm so glad I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin