Sunday, November 18, 2012

Missing Amy

Grieving the loss of a good friend today. Amy McFarland was the heart of the group of friends I am in - the quiet, hilarious one who held the space for us to be crazy, loud, annoying, funny and loved. She was not interested in the spotlight - just in loving her people. My circle of chosen ones came into being at her house in Salem on Mockingbird Lane one her birthday in around 1997 or 1998. I owe her many debts of gratitude for that. Appropos on this day: I know all your life you wondered about that step we all take alone. How far does the spirit travel on the journey? You must surely be near Heaven and it chills me to the bone to know Amy knows the great unknown. *original lyrics by Rick Springfield. I added Amy's name. This is the reminder I guess I was needing to put things in perspective. The people and relationships are what's important. All the rest is just decoration.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin