Tuesday, June 10, 2008

BookFest 2008

HA!! We have planned BookFest 2008! I haven't really talked about it here before but I started a little blog specifically devoted to BookFest. I kind of petered out on it for some reason...I wanted to list all the books I have purchased by year, but I don't know that I can manage it. I definitely can list all of my BookFest Books, but I'm not always clear which year they are from. Hopefully, I will get back to it. I've been distracted...

So what is BookFest? You can read a little more about it here: http://jkbookfest.blogspot.com/

Basically, in 1995, just before I went back to school (and thus became a poor college student again), my friend Kevin and I went to Powell's and bemoaned the fact that we couldn't just live in Powell's (the greatest bookstore on the planet, really). We then hatched a plan to save $10 a month for a year and come back the following year and blow it all on books - guilt-free. We increased the amount incrementally until our 10 year anniversary's all time high of $50/month.

It is a nice way to reconnect every year. No matter what we are doing the rest of the year, we both know that we will meet for BookFest in June/July to wallow in books and enjoy each other's company. It's a great tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin