Monday, April 30, 2012

Morning Experiment

For quite some time now (years, actually), I have been listening to a talk radio station when I drive to and from work. When I'm working on a show, I listen to the show, of course, but otherwise, I usually listen to politics. No, I'm not going to share my political perspectives or thoughts here.

When Roby first got sick, I remember hearing an ad for an Oprah episode with Marianne Williamson as the guest. At the time, I didn't know who she was - the ad just resonated with me. After that, I read her book, "A Woman's Worth" and I listened to a couple of her lectures. Some of those lectures helped me avoid panic and abject fear in those days.

So, fast forward to 2012. I've felt this underlying stress that comes from not taking a vacation and really *unplugging* for quite some time. A friend of mine started subscribing to Marianne Williamson's Facebook and hence, quotes from her keep popping up on my news feed. Last week, I decided that I would try listening to her lectures in the morning as I drive to work instead of listening to the news and politics and see if it helps at all.

I have only been doing this for a couple of days, but I have to say that I do think it makes a difference to start the day off with something positive and hopeful and thoughtful. Politics are important, especially in an election year, but I know that this will go on for months and months. For now, I have found a little bit of peace each day and I think it will change the trajectory of my mornings. Stay tuned! I will keep you posted on this topic.




1 comment:

  1. nice:)
    I'm a big believer in having some morning peace.
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin