Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

I was invited to brunch today for Easter Sunday with my mother and her friend and her family. We all spend most holidays together, so I agreed.  Then my mother invited me to attend church services. I politely declined - if I were going to attend church services, I wouldn't necessarily choose a high holy day to start.  There are way too many other issues involved in this decision, however, my decline was well received and, hopefully, understood.

We went to brunch at 11am. The place was very crowded, of course.  The price had gone up $4 from last year and the quality of the food had declined quite a bit. It was a little disappointing.  The company was good until the phones came out and the search for the wifi password started. Once people need a hotspot, it is time to leave. I'm not going to sit in a busy restaurant with people while they search for stuff on their phones.  Insert rant here.

Later, I went to see "The Hunger Games".  I wasn't sure how the movie would be, but I thought they did a nice job with a complex book and subject matter. I liked the casting and I thought the tone of it was very similar to the books.  Woody Harralson, who is not my favorite, was actually quite good. In fact, I think he was perfect for his role. He had some moments of subtle facial expressions that really conveyed the depth of the character he plays. I'm interested to see more of his portrayal of Haymitch.  I think the movie is accessible for people who have read the books and those who haven't.  I usually like to see the movie first because it peaks my interest in the book and makes me want to read to fill in the gaps.  Really, I can do it either way. I usually think the book is better, but most of the time, I like both.  This was one of those times.

To those of you who celebrate Easter, Happy Easter. To those of you who don't, I hope you had a great weekend/Passover/Seder/whatever. :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a good day with your mom. I too am amazed at how much people prefer internet or phone to the people in front of them. There was I pads and phones at Oprah. But no cameras were allowed. I felt left out. As I like my camera but not the photos on my phone. Because I do not have a smart phone like my daughter. So my quality is not as good as hers.
    Some day it looks like we will all just live in a bubble.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin