Sunday, April 29, 2012

Crazy, Stupid Love

I watched the movie "Crazy, Stupid Love" today. For some reason, I have been putting it off as one of those movies "I have to be in the mood to watch". I'm not sure why...I really like all the actors in it and it didn't seem to be too traumatic in themes, etc., but there you have it.

I actually really enjoyed it. This is the first movie that Ryan Gosling didn't creep me out (well, maybe some in the beginning...). I loved Steve Carell and Emma Stone, as well. She is turning out to be someone I will be looking out for. I think she makes some smart and unusual choices - I can't wait to see what else she is going to do.

Watching it today reminded me how much I enjoy movies. Sometimes, I forget. It's a little weird - I used to be so compelled to go to the movies, but there was such a dearth of good movies - well, maybe a dearth of movies that
looked good. Sometimes, the way they advertise stuff is a real turn-off and it turns out to be really good.

If you haven't seen it, I would recommend it. It is tender and sweet with some humor thrown in. Kind of "Dan in Real Life" kind of sweet...

Are there any movies that you have put off because you weren't in the mood only to discover that you really liked it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin