Sunday, August 31, 2008

Back Home Again

Well, I had a nice trip to Oakland. Stayed near a movie theater and saw "Traitor" with Don Cheadle. I went into the movie with very few expectations, so I was kind of ready for anything. The movie was quite good. I won't spoil it here, but it was worth seeing. Don Cheadle is such an underrated actor. I loved him in "Hotel Rwanda", too.

Then came the homecoming...I was scheduled to fly out of Oakland on Friday at 3:15pm - I thought it would be less busy at that time of the day. WRONG. It was a totally packed zoo, so when they asked for volunteers to delay their flight, I was first in line. I got a $200 flight voucher plus the price of my ticket returned and was booked on the 9:50pm flight - only to be delayed until 10:25pm...Um. I could have stayed at work, or gone to the Farmer's Market...or something... Oh well. I read an entire book. And worked on Act One of "Phantom". I guess that is something.

So, I am home. I was not able to get a copy of "Life is a Verb" in Oakland - the Barnes and Noble didn't have it yet. Disappointing. But I got it yesterday!! at Borders in Beaverton. Go figure. I would think that Oakland rated before BEAVERTON, but whatever. I'm happy because I have my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin