Saturday, August 2, 2008

100 Posts on WILD RUMPUSING



This is my 100th post to Wild Rumpusing! I have two main blogs that I have been working on, and between the two have 173 posts (there are others from when I was dabbling, but these two are the ones I have focused on).

100 posts is a great place to stop and celebrate. As I said in an earlier post, it's not like I've been writing the blog of the year or the great American novel, but it is a starting place. When things happen, I think about what I will write here, so I think it has definitely turned my brain to a place of thinking and writing that it hasn't been in for a LONG TIME.

When I was in high school, I wrote something every day - a lot of it was useless dreck but some of it turned out all right and I worked my writing muscles, if you know what I mean. I guess that's what I'm doing with this whole blogging thing - working out my writing muscles. When my Dad died, I starting thinking about all the stories that are lost and all the things people will never know about us. I am reminded of this anew each time I lose someone close.

I have a lot of stories to tell and a lot of memories I don't want to fade into the background, not to mention all the things that happen in life and thoughts that we have about strange things. I guess I thought this was an interesting way to capture those things.

Anyway, Happy 100 posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin