Sunday, June 19, 2011

#Trust 30 Day 20: Speak Less

#Trust30 is an online initiative and 30-day writing challenge that encourages you to look within and trust yourself. Use this as an opportunity to reflect on your now, and to create direction for your future. 30 prompts from inspiring thought-leaders will guide you on your writing journey. Sign up below to receive the prompts by email. If you like this pledge, check out reverb10, it's inspiring. 

Speak Less by Laura Kimball

What I must do is all that concerns me, not what the people think. This rule, equally arduous in actual and in intellectual life, may serve for the whole distinction between greatness and meanness. It is the harder, because you will always find those who think they know what is your duty better than you know I. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I once received a fortune cookie that read: “Speak less of your plans, you’ll get more done.” What’s one project that you’ve been sitting on and thinking about but haven’t made progress on? What’s stopping you? What would happen if you actually went for it and did it?

(Author: Laura Kimball)

This project really is something that I am interested in, but I just can't bring myself to go here online.  I know that I have shared lots and lots of personal things here, but I feel so strongly that I can't answer these questions in a format like this. I read the questions daily and I think about what I might want to say, but I don't want to say it here.  Feeling a little frustrated, but it is my own barrier that is holding me back. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin