Sunday, June 12, 2011

#Trust30 Day 13: Surprise

#Trust30 is an online initiative and 30-day writing challenge that encourages you to look within and trust yourself. Use this as an opportunity to reflect on your now, and to create direction for your future. 30 prompts from inspiring thought-leaders will guide you on your writing journey. Sign up below to receive the prompts by email. If you like this pledge, check out reverb10, it's inspiring. 

Surprise by Ashley Ambirge

I will not hide my tastes or aversions. I will so trust that what is deep is holy, if we follow the truth, it will bring us out safe at last. – Ralph Waldo Emerson


Think of a time when you didn’t think you were capable of doing something, but then surprised yourself. How will you surprise yourself this week?


(Author: Ashley Ambirge)

How will I surprise myself this week, huh? I'm not sure. I haven't really done anything that surprising in a long time. I think that part of the reason that is true is because I worry about EVERYTHING, so I realized a long time ago that just because I worry about it or think I can't do it doesn't mean that what I think about is TRUE. Mostly, my brain thinks about all the "other outcomes" but generally, I have positive ones.  I think that experience takes the surprise out of things because I know myself well enough to know that I will doubt myself or worry or come up with "worst case scenarios" but they don't usually come true and I'm not so surprised by that anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin