Tuesday, June 21, 2011

#Trust30 Day 17: Invent the Future

Invent the Future by Cindy Gallop

A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the lustre of the firmament of bards and sages. Yet he dismisses without notice his thought, because it is his. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

My favorite quote of all time is Alan Kay: ‘In order to predict the future, you have to invent it.’ I am all about inventing the future. Decide what you want the future to be and make it happen. Because you can. Write about your future now.

(Author: Cindy Gallop)

My future...it seems so strange to think about that. I spent so many years not really thinking about "the future" because it involved things I didn't want to consider. After ten years, that habit is firmly embedded in me. Now, all these years later (26 years...), it is a hard habit to break.

What I do know - My future will have art and theatre, family, friends, music and books. I hope to continue to do BookFest with Kevin and enjoy taking classes, doing art journaling and maybe even relaxing more than I do now. :)

Goals for the future:  write a book, finish my degree, work on improving my interpreting again (I don't want to be rusty but sometimes I feel rusty).

That's about all I can muster for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin