Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bee-Cutter

I have been working on my art journal a lot recently - I find it very zen.  Yesterday, one of the things I did was go into my computer and find images I have collected over time and put them on a collage page to use in my work.  One of the things I found was a section of Winnie-the-Pooh art (if you don't know this about me, I LOVE WTP!) and I put some bees on the page.  Then, after realizing that sometimes due to the size of different images, there are sometimes these weird gaps on a page, so I decided that anywhere I had a gap like that, I would put bees.  Pretty soon, I had little bees and big bees all over the collage pages.

As I was working on my art journal, I decided that I would put a little something-something on every page I make - an identifier.  Not that anyone really cares, I just thought it might be something fun.  So, I picked the bees and I put one on every page of my completed journal.  Now I just have to write in it!

Today, I spent some time cutting bees while watching a pre-Tony Awards program about "Wicked", "Taboo", "Avenue Q" and "Caroline or Change". I have a headache, so I'm missing a party I was supposed to go to, but I couldn't do the social thing with a migraine. I realized that I needed  a place to keep the bees and finally found something.  Here's a glimpse:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin