Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Prayers and Thoughts are Welcome

This time of year has all the normal challenges for me - stress from the holidays, overcommitments, shopping, family fun, social engagements, end of the year stuff at work, weather issues, etc. Add to that the anniversaries of the death of Roby, my father, both their birthdays, stir it all up and you get some yuck.

Well, friends, another dark time this year. My friend is in the hospital - CCU and it doesn't look good. She went into the emergency room two weekends ago and was sent home then had to call an ambulance and has been in the hospital since. By the end of the week last week, she was intubated and had paralyzing medicine to keep her calm and comfortable. She is not doing well and they don't know if she will make it. If she does, they don't know if she will ever be able to live independently again or what the quality of her life will be.

Any thoughts and prayers you can spare for her are welcome and needed. Miracles are welcome, too, but I know they are in short supply these days. We are hopeful and watchful. She would leave behind a daughter and two grandchildren.

No art tonight. My heart is too heavy for that.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sad to here his. My thought and prayed are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean, I am so sorry to hear she is doing poorly! Prayers, coming right up!

    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you! I really appreciate your positive energy, prayers and support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean - January is such a rough month. You've been on my mind and I will add your friend to my prayers and thoughts. Have hope!

    Hugs, Tina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin