Tuesday, May 8, 2012

"Let the wild rumpus start!"

Maurice Sendak died today. I didn't know until I started reading Facebook when I got home. A friend posted a lovely comment about "Where the Wild Things Are" and I liked it a lot. Then, I continued down, down and found that another friend had posted to me directly, "Sad farewell to Rumpusser-Sendak".  My heart sank - I hadn't put the pieces together...I had thought that it was maybe his birthday or something.

I loved his art and I loved "Where the Wild Things Are".  I didn't understand the brilliance of his book until I was older, but I always loved it.  Why, I even named my blog to honor his great work. Thank you, Mr. Sendak, for all you have given to so many people.

These photos really started me off on my photography journey - I just wanted something new. Again, inspired by the great art of Maurice Sendak.








"And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin