Monday, December 3, 2012

Resetting

I don't know why the idea of resetting resonates with me so deeply this year.  Oh, if it were only that easy - a big red RESET button to just stop the march of things the way they are and start anew.

I know it doesn't work that way, but I still think that resetting our true north, our intentions, is incredibly empowering. For me, the idea that if I try to set my mind on specific things they will come closer is important. It isn't so much about resolutions as it is putting my mind on a path, a way of thinking and doing and being.

So much of life passes us by. So many things happen on the way to somewhere else, something else, someone else. It just seems like I have to take some time to really think about it, to really know that even if it goes by quickly, it has meaning. Heft. Importance.

One of my intentions this year is to get back to art journaling. I miss it. I have not created in a long, long time and I know that it is one of the things I need to do to feel like I am whole in the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin