Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Something to Look Forward To

Can I just say how EXCITED I am to have "Les Miserables" coming out in a film version?  I have been waiting for this since 1986!!  I know they were waiting for all the planets to align to have the right people, technology, support and audience.

I started listening to the show again a couple of days ago, when really, I should be listening to "Book of Mormon" (I have started listening to it on my commute though, so I'm on my way with BOM).

I am preparing myself for the fact that it won't be Colm Wilkinson and it won't be exactly the same as the stage show, but I can also tell that it will be fantastic in its own right.  The fact that the actors are singing live rather than being dubbed makes all the difference in the world.  My big fear is that they will turn too much of it into dialogue or cut out some of my favorite little moments. That almost always happens for me.  I get attached to these little moments that don't really appeal to the masses so they are the first things to get cut out when the time comes.

It feels good to be excited and looking forward to something. My plan is to go see it on Christmas night (opening night).  I can't think of a better way to celebrate Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin