Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Going Places - Che in the touring company of "Evita"

I'm interpreting a show on Thursday night and we got to see it tonight. I'm not a big fan of "Evita" or Andrew Lloyd Weber, per se, but the leading man in the show - I think his name is Josh Young (I will check my program) has a stunning voice. I read that he was nominated for a Tony in 2012 for playing Judas in "Jesus Christ Superstar". From the moment I heard his voice, I thought, "This guy is going places!"  He was just fantastic and made the show that much better.

The whole cast was very talented and did a good job - I enjoyed the show. There was more dancing than I remember from before, so I'm wondering if that is part of the revival - maybe a new twist to be adding bits of the Argentine Tango and some other dances.

I'm going to keep my eye out for this actor. I'm sure there is more to come from him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin