After much thought, I realized that 2010 was not particularly a year I want to remember or go through again. What I actually remember and what I want to remember are not the same things.
It all boils down to understanding what is important in life and trying to bring that to the forefront of my mind.
What I want to remember from 2010:
- I am a writer. I write, therefore, I am a writer. I went to a fantastic writer's retreat.
- I am an interpreter and a damn good one, at that.
- I am a good person and I have integrity. I have grown and I will continue to grow and learn and change.
- Change is constant. Even bad change has some good in it.
- Family is important - family of origin and chosen tribe. They keep you sane, keep you balanced, keep you honest, keep you on your toes.
- Art can't hurt you.
- Happiness is a journey not a destination.
- "Les Miserables" is soul-stirring.
What I will remember from 2010:
- You only have one body and you need to take care of it. No one else will.
- I am not my job.
- There are worse things than losing a job.
- Fear does strange things to people.
- I am strong.
- Don't let the haters get you down.
- Choose again.
- Never give up.