Sunday, January 27, 2008

On a Meme Hunt

So, not having blogged for very long and new to the whole blogosphere, I am slowly learning some of the rules. I have found that I am not good at figuring out how to copy the little badges that would link someone back to a page that I have found...

I went to the DailyMeme page at http://thedailymeme.com and found a bunch of Lost Memes (the Daily Meme person didn't know/remember where they had originated...). Now I know where some of these ideas started and where they move.

I remember one of these coming around our group of friends via email and we had a BLAST. In some ways, it might be easier to answer some questions without worrying that people will judge me because they don't know me on this blog. Not that I have any deep dark secrets, really. Just things I am more comfortable saying and less comfortable saying.

One meme I will be linking to is a Word Association game. The link is http://subliminal.lunanina.com. I haven't gotten the list of words yet for this week, so I am starting with a different one.

This is on the Lost (and Found) Memes page of The Daily Meme (http://thedailymeme.com) and it is called "Countdown Meme" from May 23, 2004. (Wow...people have been blogging for that long...amazing)

Countdown Meme:

Ten Movies you'd watch over and over:

1. When Harry Met Sally
2. Jumping Jack Flash
3. True Lies
4. Fried Green Tomatoes
5. Boys on the Side
6. Kindergarten Cop (ok, ok any Arnold movie, really)
7. Armageddon
8. Deep Impact
9. Meet Joe Black
10. Beaches

(About Last Night, The Breakfast Club, Say Anything, Titanic, Dances with Wolves, Sommersby, Steel Magnolias, My Life, Dreamgirls,...)

Nine people you enjoy the company of:

1. My mother
2. Roby's Mom
3. Shari and Barbara
4. Carol
5. My Assistant
6. BJB
7. VV
8. KGV
9. Todd

(many more here, too)

Eight things you're wearing:

1. Black scrunchie for my hair
2. teal lounge shirt with pockets
3. white socks
4. blue boyshorts
5. cotton pants
6. white bra
7. lotion
8. skin

Seven things on your mind:

1. Figuring out how to get pictures in the middle of the blog!!
2. Figuring out how to post the Badges from the Meme sites I found...I don't really get it somehow...I keep trying but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
3. Did Liz get everything taken care of at work?
4. Will it snow tomorrow?
5. Will I feel like going to see "Sweeney Todd" tomorrow?
6. Should I see something else instead?
7. Should I go to bed now because it is REALLY LATE/EARLY.

Six objects you touch every day:

1. My happy Yellow car (picture to follow)
2. My computer
3. my toothbrush
4. my purple chenille blanket
5. my round pink neck pillow
6. my backpack/purse

Five things you do every day:

1. check my email
2. shower
3. brush teeth
4. watch some TV
5. eat breakfast

Four bands or musical artists you couldn't live without:

1. Idina Menzel (Rent, Wicked)
2. Clay Aiken
3. Kelly Clarkson (second CD)
4. Madonna

(many many more)

Three of your favorite songs of the moment:

1. Defying Gravity (from "Wicked")
2. American Tune (Paul Simon or The Indigo Girls)
3. Fast Car (Tracy Chapman)

Two people who have influenced your life the most:

1. My mother
2. Roby Starns

(Kevin Vandehey and Jeffa Doeleman, Nancy Zettergren, Carol Coburn, Julie Gebron)

One person who has been nice to you today:

1. My mother

NOTE: I FINALLY figured out how to insert a picture mid-post!! Yay! And how to make a link within the text. I will get there...it just takes me a while. This is exciting. Is that stupid?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin