Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Few Things I Know

I think about posting daily and I have taken to reading more blogs lately...It is so voyeuristic, but I guess that's why we blog, right? We want to express ourselves and hope that someone will read our thoughts and know we are alive in the universe somewhere, right?

No one is reading my blog (that I can tell) but I'm ok with that for now. I haven't even told anyone I'm doing it. I don't know why. I guess I'm not ready for people I know to know. That sounds stupid, but it is true.

So here are a few things I know:

1. Teal and Pink do NOT match. I have a teal coat and a pink scarf that one of my co-workers knitted for me last year for Christmas. I know the colors don't match but it is COLD!!! outside right now...I think the wind chill this morning was like 13 degrees or something. So to hell with fashion (forgive me, Roby). I'm wearing my teal coat with my pink scarf.

2. Life can be better. I know it can. I have felt it before. It just takes time and perserverance. I'm not UN-happy. Just not as happy as I would like to be.

3. I miss Diet Coke and I know I can't have it. Sometimes it is fine. Sometimes it makes me sad.

4. I need to read more and listen to more music. I have not really been doing much of either until recently. I picked up a schlocky book while in the airport on the way home from Reno (company Christmas party). I started reading it and have only gotten a little ways - maybe 1/4 of the way into it. It is good, not particularly LITERATURE, but I am enjoying the escape. Actually, reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows this summer was the Reading Renaissance for me. I DEVOURED it in one day. I couldn't even see when I was done with it, but I loved it. And it made me want to read more. I have all the books I could ever want, but I don't take the time to read any more... until recently. I want to keep it up.

5. I need to buy a new bed. Something REALLY comfy with a big pillow top on it. And it will have bright pink sheets on it, too.

I thought I knew some more interesting or at least deep, meaningful things today, but I don't. I guess that's ok, too.

ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin