Saturday, January 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, after a wild ride through Sacramento last night on the way to the airport, arriving at the terminal 7 minutes before scheduled take-off and boarding as the last person on the plane, sitting in the very last seat in the back, I finally made it home at 11:30pm.

Let me tell you that I will not be driving on the freeway to the airport again. I know a back way that I have driven for 3 years...I have only done the freeway route a couple of times. Last night, I was so far from the back way, it seemed silly to backtrack. So I set off on the way with directions and the hopes of AIRPORT SIGNS, which, of course, ended right when I was needing another one...so I ended up turned exactly in the opposite direction than I wanted to be and had to go all the way back to where I started, back to the hotel area and then on to the back way...I nearly hyperventilated in the car...I was panicking...the last flight out, turned in the rental car, no hotel for 20 miles...

Anyway, I have been thinking about this stupid blog every day. For some weird reason, I feel like I'm doing something secret and bad...It isn't. I know it isn't. But it is very stealth for some reason. Is that because I haven't told anyone I'm doing it? Weird. So sometimes, when I want to post something, I think, "But you shouldn't..." but I WANT TO... I feel like this is a commitment to myself in some way...I don't fully understand it, but I keep doing it. I just want to stop feeling uncomfortable with it.

I have been reading blogs recently, too. I have NEVER done that before...I guess I just didn't even know where to find blog information...now I'm slowly venturing into that world. It is kind of scary because there are so many brilliant people and like-minded people and NOT-like-minded people..

I have seen blogs about books, movies, top lists of things...I like them all... I want to do everything..I guess this is the start.

I decided I wanted to talk about important movies and also top 10 Broadway musicals. I think the musicals list is a work in progress...I did one on Amazon.com...I will have to look it up and see how much has changed.

(I realized after I decided to make this list that I don't know how to make that happen here...I tried to insert an image but it will only go at the beginning of a posting...I guess I will have to do one image per posting at the beginning until I learn more about how to manage this... sigh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin