Friday, April 9, 2010

Personal Disappointment

I don't usually get my expectations up about the things other people will do and particularly where I have no control (nor should I).  It is really pointless to get all riled about something when you have no way to influence the outcome.

I didn't realize it, but I had expectations. And today, I was disappointed. And a little hurt, if I'm being honest. But not surprised.  The only surprise was that I hadn't recognized my own hopes and expectations, so I didn't expect to be disappointed.  I'll live. Just something I am thinking about.

In happier and less cryptic news, I'm doing much better in the cellulitis department. Leg is much less red, much less swollen, much less hot. Doctor was quite happy with my progress and I have quite a bit of antibiotic left, so I really think we can kick this in the ass before the show. This is VERY VERY good news. And on that note, I'm off to take my pill, put my leg up, watch a "Buffy" episode and go to bed. Gotta be at work by 6:00am. Boo.

2 comments:

  1. Believe me, you are not the only one disappointed.

    Hope you have a restful weekend.

    judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I saw your comment - I realized - yesterday was a VERY disappointing day...I was even talking about something ELSE, but dang...

    Hope your weekend is quiet and restful, too.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin