Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 21: Forgiveness

"The first step in forgiveness is the willingness to forgive." ~Marianne Williamson

I didn't take a lunch today or specifically think about who I want to be.  I got to see the results of some actions I have taken to experience more joy, I listened to a CD during my drive that was really the highlight of my day.  I had a few laughs with people, worked hard, was grumpy for a while when I got home, but overall, I feel a change in demeanor...I'm feeling less hunched over from my world, my responsibilities, my choices.

I'm willing to forgive myself for not being perfect.   I'm willing to forgive folks for what I perceive as slights or trespasses.  Every day is a new day. Every day is an opportunity to choose again, to refocus, to revisit the person I want to become, the joy of life.  My heart is full of that right now.  It feels good.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!

    I find that if I can truly place myself in someone else's shoes, look out at the world through their eyes, it helps me to understand that everyone is just doing their best with what they have and we're all stumbling along trying to make sense of it all.

    Blessings!
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin