Sunday, December 14, 2008

Day 14: Dad

I'm probably not going to write much today...it has been snowing. I tried to use my dad's digital camera, but there is something wrong with it. I wanted to post a snowy picture from his camera.

I have been cleaning and found a CD that I had burned that was a mystery music CD - it said "Ashland 2003". I put it on but the computer is being finicky. This lead to more music exploration and an afternoon of headphones and tears. I don't know why, but whenever I listen to music on headphones, it just makes me weep. There is something so emotional about music. I have read that the smell is strongly connected to our memories, but for me, sounds are a much more pleasant and strong bond to my memories. I remember feelings and thoughts and ideas and moments when I hear a song.

For now, Day 14, with a post that is not nearly sufficient, I am thanking my father. He was not a huge source of music, so this post may be misleading...but I was listening to the playlist I made when my father died and remembering good things. Like when we used to go fishing. And how he never treated me like "just a girl". Sometimes, I regret that I didn't want to do any of that with my dad when I got older. I guess hindsight is 20/20.

I will write more for my dad later. I am missing him today and sad about it.


My Dad getting a commendation in the Air Force. I think this was when we were in Panama City, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin