Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanks-Giving and December Nablopomo

As usual, I find my inspiration from Patti Digh at 37Days.

In her November 27 post, the 37Days Challenge is to "Give Thanks" and to "Create a list of 37 people who have helped you" and tell them about it.  When I saw that December's Nablopomo theme was "THANKS!", I couldn't resist the pull.  It seemed like I was supposed to spend December being Thank-Full.  I know there are only 31 Days in December, but I am hoping to get on such a roll that I can keep doing this for a while.  :)

I'm a believer in signs and I can't help feeling like small and large events were just pushing me in this direction - the posting, the Nablopomo theme, being sick at Thanksgiving so that I postponed my Thanks-giving until I started feeling better.  I have been trying to find ways to really be in the moment and enjoy the people in my life.  This is the perfect blend of all of those things, with a little bit of nostalgia thrown in.  I suspect that many of these people will end up being folks I haven't thought of in a very long time.  Hopefully, in this process, I will be able to find some of them.  I don't want to just post here.  I want to do the challenge and let these people know that I think of them and I thank them for their roles in my life.  What an exciting month this is going to be!

Day one of Thanks-Giving:  I want to say a big thank you to Patti Digh for this challenge, for her blog, for the heart that she puts out there for us all to see and to gain strength from.  I am inspired by her words, by her quest to change the world one step at a time.  She is the most recent addition to my list of people I want to thank, but an important one because I might not be doing this if she hadn't suggested it in such a timely fashion.  Thank you.  Life IS a verb.  Thank you for reminding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin