Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Assault on the Senses and Other Things I Notice When I Get Up at 2:30am

First of all, I wish I had the sense God gave a gnat...I got home around 8pm after stopping to pick up some travel essentials from RiteAid on my way home. I had some dinner then I packed. I was done in pretty record time but I felt like I had forgotten something...I didn't - in fact, I'm way over-packed. The problem is when you are at a work function and you have no transportation and no time to yourself, it is more critical to bring all your stuff with you. Also, dress is more casual when you are vacationing.

Anyway, I didn't get to sleep until after 11:45pm so 2:30am rolled around pretty quickly. I got ready, got my ride at 3:30am and arrived at the airport a little after 4am. I didn't know the Southwest ticket counter doesn't even open until 4:30am, anyway. Got through the line and onto the plane where the Southwest guy said, "You fly a lot, don't you? Weren't you just here?" I was, in fact, just there, so I was pretty impressed with the guy.

Flight was uneventful and a little longer than normal (to Sacramento, it is usually about 1.5 hours). I thought I would conk out right away, but it took me an hour to get tired again, took an hour nap and viola! We were approaching Las Vegas. What a strange place! I was hoping for a nice restaurant to sit in and eat breakfast and finish up some work. I forgot that that is PORTLAND International Airport where people go to hang out...Las Vegas airport has a news stand, a Starbucks and some slot machines. They have a shuttle /tram and they want you to go gamble! In the baggage area, they have about 4 giagantor screens and they show all the shows and sights one might be able to partake of while in Las
Vegas. Cher, Cirque du Soliel of various forms, sexy shows I don't want to pay too much attention to, The Lion King, cooking shows...etc. I would love to be able to see "O" which is the water version of Cirque du Soliel...i've heard that one is amazing.

Anyway, it is a lot to take in for a person who has only had about 3.5 hours of sleep...

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin