Thursday, June 3, 2010

Twenty-five Years Running

This October is the 25th Anniversary of the opening of "Les Miserables" in London. I have been listening to the original London Cast recording since March 1986 when one of my friends introduced Roby and I to the music. I remember listening to "At the End of the Day" and wondering what we were listening to. Then "I Dreamed a Dream" warmed me up to it. I didn't like "Lovely Ladies" at first because it sounded so rough (at the time, I didn't know it was supposed to be.

On October 3, 2010, there will be three productions of "Les Miserables" in London at the same time - one at the Barbican, one at the Queen's Theatre and one concert celebration at O2. I am thinking about going. when they had their 10 year anniversary concert, I said I wanted to go to the 20 year concert, but I didn't know about it...I'm going to see if it is even possible to get tickets. It's good to dream, right?

Here's a link to the pre-event publicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin