Friday, March 27, 2009

I Am a Dork - In a good way

After I showered this morning, I was gathering my clothes and getting dressed.  I grabbed the black pants, but somewhere along the line, changed my mind and put on teal pants.  This did not register with me as I continued in my getting-ready routine.

When I was upstairs, I started to put on my daily black shoes when I spotted my pink converse tennis shoes and I thought, "Those shoes would make me happy today" and proceeded to put them on.  All the while, thinking in my head that I was wearing the black pants.

I drove to work.  I got a call from one of my bosses and when I hung up, I looked down, saw the teal pants and thought, "Oh...I thought I wore black pants today..OH! I THOUGHT I WORE BLACK PANTS!!"  I could see those big, bright pink shoes on my feet with the teal pants.  I frantically thought about going home, but I was literally about 10 minutes from work (I have an hour commute).  I thought about stopping at Fred Meyer to buy some tennis shoes that might go with teal.  But suddenly, I was just laughing.  

How tired must I have been to not remember what color pants I was wearing and to NOT LOOK when I was putting on pink shoes.    I laughed and laughed and decided that the shoes would just make me laugh all day, so I wore them to work and told people that if they were in the mood for a little funny story to come to my office.  We laughed quite a bit yesterday. It was a pretty good day.

[Image to come]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin