Saturday, June 26, 2010

Recovery is Slow

I have had a strange couple of days. I think the adrenaline stayed with me much of the day yesterday and into the evening.  When I finally lay down to sleep last night, I could feel energy coursing through me and had to wait for it to slowly ebb away. As I was laying there waiting for sleep to come, I could literally feel my muscles letting go of their grip. This is not how I normally fall asleep - usually, I am awake and then I am asleep.  I was worried that I would never get to sleep and if I did, I wouldn't stay that way.  I was wrong.

When sleep finally took over, it was so gradual...then I woke up at 8:30 a.m.  I was up for a while, then put a movie on. I fell asleep and missed most of it. I had some lunch later, put a movie in, feel asleep and didn't wake up until about 8:30 p.m.  When I opened my eyes, I could tell that the squeezing of my lungs and torso were at about 1/2 the pressure it has been for the last week. I have literally felt like someone/something was squeezing the life out of me this week. I was so nervous about the show because I didn't feel like I could get enough oxygen.  Tonight, I knew that I was on the mend.

I don't feel 100% yet, but I feel 100% better than I did yesterday, if that tells you anything. I am hoping that I will get a good night's sleep again tonight. I have stuff to do tomorrow, so I don't want to sleep the day away like I did today. I will if I have to - this feeling SUCKS.  Anyway, I'm getting there and that is a very, very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin