Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

Sometimes Thursdays are the hardest day of the week. I'm almost there, but I still have a day to get through. I don't hate what I'm doing, but sometimes the stretch through Friday is a long one. This week, it is feeling like that. No particular reason - nothing outrageous or challenging happening - just tired from the week, I guess.

I found out this week that my dad almost got dismissed from the Air Force after he broke his leg. He was fixing one of our cars in front of our house in Colorado when a car came and hit the car from behind. I think the car fell on my dad's leg and broke it in a couple of places. He was in traction and in and out of the hospital for a long time (more than 6 months - I think it was a year) - it was just after I was born, so I have only heard stories and seen photos. So, after all was said and done, the doctors didn't think he would be able to bend his knee and were going to discharge him. My dad decided he would show them and started his own "physical therapy" regime which included 12-13 hour drives around Colorado to keep his leg bent in the car to help his muscles remember how to do it. Those drives continued throughout my childhood, but I never knew that this was the reason behind them. Interesting.

I'm going to dig up some music this weekend - I've been stagnating in my music selection and it has been bugging me. I'm not sure how I will find new stuff I like, but I can at least dig up some of the old stuff I haven't listened to in a long time.

I think that's all for now. Gonna head off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin