Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Mental Packing

I am mentally packing for my trip. Last time I went on vacation, I brought the fifth Harry Potter book, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix". I think I will probably bring a couple of books, "HP and the Deathly Hallows" will be one of them. I haven't decided on the others.

The main things I am thinking about are my art journal supplies. I have been itching to get back to playing and creating - balancing my brain. I have these moments, but there is always the set up/take down time and I just get frustrated. Sometimes I just want to leave it all out, but realistically, I need to clean up. I'm working on a space for creating in my home, but I'm not there yet.

SO, I will be bringing a couple of different journals. I will probably be actually journaling in my first Art Journal - I have been waiting to do that...I don't know what I was waiting for - the perfect moment? I will also be bringing the journals that I am still working on and I will bring paint and pens and crayons and glue. I CAN'T WAIT!! My fingers are itching already. I'm excited because I have decided that it is okay for my stuff to look like MINE. I think I get it in my head to make mine look like someone else's - look more professional, more artistic. Then I realized I have only made 6 of these journals in my life and only one of them is really ready to be used as a written journal. Of course they aren't perfect in the "art perfect" sense (whatever that means). They are perfect in the sense that I made them and I am loving making them and they are MINE.

Happy thoughts. I can't wait to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin