Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What I Was Going to Say...

Yesterday, before I was rudely interrupted by biting my tongue so hard I thought I'd pass out, I was going to write about Claire Danes.

I fell in love with Claire Danes when she starred in "My So-Called Life". She was brilliant in the show and the show was brilliant in its own right. Since the show abruptly ended (which I'm still sore about), I have always sought out the projects she participates in. She was glowing and beautiful in Baz Luhrman's "Romeo and Juliet" in 1996 and luminous in "Stardust" (which took me a long time to see - not sure why). She was excellent in "Brokedown Palace" and had some great scenes with Meryl Streep in "The Hours".  Her character was one of the reasons to watch that movie. I found the rest of the movie so depressing - I was glad there was some little relief in it.


On Sunday, she won an Emmy award for Best Lead Actress (not sure what the whole category is called) for her role as Temple Grandin, a woman with autism who overcame the odds. Ms. Danes was gracious in her acceptance and stunningly beautiful in her classy and elegant gown. I hope she continues to make great movies - I can't wait to see her in more. (Al Pacino shares the picture with her as I am not talented enough or motivated enough to edit him out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin