Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Flinching

A while ago, maybe December, a person I admire very much - a former boss, actually, recommended a book called, "The Flinch".  It was downloadable for free from a special project by Seth Godin. Because of my admiration for the person making the recommendation and my fleeting experiences reading Seth Godin, I downloaded it and read a page or so.

After finishing a page or two, I knew that I was not ready for the book, even though it was pretty much exactly what I needed.  It's a common theme, I think:  Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway.  Get over it already.

I picked it up again and started. I can only do a couple of pages at a time before I feel like I'm drowning or something. I read and scenarios and experiences keep coming to mind. I get overwhelmed and have to think for a while.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin