Friday, June 1, 2012

Please Be Specific

This is an excerpt from a conversation I had today:

"There's no cold water."
We had a leak today, so I know that maintenance turned off some of the water valves.
"But it's hot water."
Where?
"In the machine."
...
"You know, the...machine...(shows square-shaped with hands)."
Do you mean the coffee-maker? Or the water cooler? (both shaped similarly).
"The...machine..."
I don't know what you are trying to say to me.

Ten minutes later, I find out it was the sink. Not the cooler. Not the coffeemaker. The sink, which, by the way, was never mentioned or indicated in any way.

I guess the sink, technically, is square-ish...but inverted. I hope I can be forgiven for not understanding the upside-down sink gesturing.

Friends, please be specific. I can't help you if I don't know what you are talking about.

And no, none of it is fixed yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin