Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Kindness: Dalai Lama

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." ~Dalai Lama
I was reminded today that a small, kind word or gesture can make a difference.  Obviously, I know this to be the case, both as a giver and a receiver, but every once in a while, it is good to be reminded...I followed my instincts today and I think it paid off for both of us.

I want so much to be a positive force in the world, in the lives of the people I touch, but sometimes it is so hard.  I get distracted by all the "stuff" that happens in a day, all the ways that I am pulled, the answers I don't have, the time and attention to everything and everyone...and I forget that it is all about people.
 
Anyway, I remember now.  I just keep on truckin', ya know?  Just keep allowing these little pokes to really help me wake up and move me to action.  I think I need to come up with a plan - what are some things I can DO daily to put my intentions into action?  I have to ponder this.  I think of things to do, to say, ways to show people, all the time, but then I get distracted, get busy, forget.  I have to start remembering more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin