Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Smiling: Thich Nhat Hanh

"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." ~Thich Nhat Han

This quote really struck a note with me today. I got up this morning not really feeling well, but I just kept laughing at stuff today. Sometimes appropriately, sometimes unexpectedly...but it helped buoy my mood. Nothing was really wrong - I'm not sick, I'm not grumpy, just kind of out of sorts. Four day weeks give me hell sometimes - we try to cram 5 days worth of stuff into four and expect it to all work out.

I am still working on my 10 Defining Moments, 7 Critical Decisions, and 5 Important people (I can't remember the labels that were used, but you get the idea...), but I thought I could put the ones I KNOW already. I'm not sure I can stick to the numbers they gave, but I will give it a whirl.

Some of my 10 defining moments:

When Roby told me he had HIV
Roby's Death
My father's death
interpreting "Les Miserables" the first time

Some Critical Decisions:

Agreeing to keep Roby's HIV status secret
Entering the Interpreter training program
Saying "Yes" to interpret "Hot'l Baltimore"
Quitting my K-12 job

Most Important People:

Roby - shocking, I know
My mother

That's all I have right now. I could change my mind...who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin