Thursday, February 26, 2009

Prophetic

The Quote of the day that shows up on my sidebar said this today:

"The more you know the less you need to say.
Jim Rohn more Famous Quotes"

How's that for timing? Or does the Famous Quotes thing grab catchwords and then insert quotes that are applicable to the page? Ooh, that would be freaky, wouldn't it. A crazy quote robotic thing.

I don't really like the idea of computers or machines "sensing" things that help it automate. Like microwaves - hitting the sensor. How does it know when to stop? Is it when enough steam comes out of the food? Is it when the pressure changes because there are bubbles developing in the liquid as it gets hotter? Are there little ghosty hands that touch to see if it is hot enough? Who knows? I don't like the idea of OnStar either...I mean, yes, in theory, it can save your life, but it also means that someone, somewhere knows where you are at any given moment when you are in your car.

And don't even get me started on the whole "cell phone as tracking device" a-la-"Enemy of the State" and other like movies. That scares the bejeezus out of me, to quote "Friends". I try not to think about it as I carry around all my little electronic devices. I'm sure they are all producing some kind of electronic energy that will give us all tumors or something anyway...I really do try not to think about it much. Cuz it would freak me out.

It's been a long week.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin