Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bizarre Dream

I woke up this morning and realized I had dreamed that I typed a post here but it was all gibberish like I had my hands on the wrong keys. This week has kinda been a week like that, so I had to get up and check - it was entirely possible that the post I had typed last night looked like this:

Dp o dohmrf i[ gpt sm pm;omr v;sdd smf ytorf yp [su gpt oy niy yjrtr esd s jp;f pm ,u svvpimy/ zo vpmysvyrf yjr [stlomh smf ytsmd[ptysyopm htpi[ smf [sof gpt yjr

Much to my relief, it was only a dream and I don't have to worry about it. I'm not sure but I think this is the first time that the blog has shown up in my dreams. I guess it means that my little endeavor here is living in my brain now and is engrained in me enough that I am dreaming about it. When I was learning ASL, it took a couple of years for me to start dreaming in ASL, which, by all accounts, means that you are internalizing the language and making it your own. I think it is a good sign to be dreaming about it but maybe a little stress showing through when thinking that I was tired enough to have my hands on the wrong keys for the whole post.

1 comment:

  1. You typing with your fingers on the wrong keys really tickled me. Cuz it's the kind of thing that you think, "Crap!" and then go back to try to decode what you had just typed.

    It's kinda like those days when you're in the "on" chair, and you think, "Jeez... my work must've just looked like I had a huge gran mal seizure... That's too bad..."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin