Wednesday, December 30, 2009

January - National Letter-writing Month

I read somewhere that January is National Letter-writing month. I love the idea of that and I really want to write letters to people, but it is supposed to be handwritten.  I do think that we have lost the fine art of handwritten notes. 

Opening an email is just not the same as finding a letter in the mail and knowing instantly who sent it by the handwriting. I miss that. 

Having moved a lot as a child, mail was always a way to stay connected with people.  My connection to all my extended family was solely from cards and notes sent. I stayed in touch with my friends when we moved via letter because back in the day, long distance calls were horribly expensive. I remember when I was 12 and we moved to Oregon - I used to be allowed to call Florida friends once a month for 10 minutes. I even had to set the kitchen timer to ring so that I would know when my time was up. 

I am not committing myself to writing a letter a day because I just know that I might not be able to live up to that and I hate breaking my word - even to myself. I am thinking that I might be able to manage postcards...that counts, doesn't it? 

Anyway, that's what I'm thinking about tonight.

Tomorrow is the Full Moon and it is the Full BLUE Moon, so enjoy!  This is a great way to usher in a new year and I, for one, can't wait!  2009 has been filled with some really great things and some huge challenges (mostly in the second half of the year), so I am looking forward to the change. ***Quick- write that down!  Jean said she is "looking forward to change".  That is definitely a change of pace.

Namaste and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin