Thursday, April 8, 2010

Poetry Month

I had high hopes for blogging April about National Poetry Month, but so many other bloggers that I see have also been posting poetry daily...not to mention me being sort of sidelined by being sick.

I like to think that I could find a poem a day that I like and would want to post or write a poem a day, but it just isn't going to happen.  I don't really feel much poetry inside me anymore.  It used to just come out, but I also used to write daily (I don't think the blog counts for what I mean).  I used to just pour my thoughts out onto paper. There wasn't a night that I didn't fall asleep, pen in hand, writing about some current angst or thought or passion.  I kind of miss that, but I think it went away with all the drama of my life.  I don't miss the drama.

I don't know...maybe I will get back to it sometime - I'm not sure.  Poetry is so personal and I am not as open nor am I interested in wearing my heart on my sleeve like I did when I was younger. I like to play my cards a little closer to the chest these days - just a little bit safer.  Maybe that is what age brings - an appreciation of safety.

Anyway, no poetry from me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin