Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bah, Humbug

"Stairway to Heaven" on "Idol Gives Back"?  Really?

Annie Lennox does a moving story about a little 7 year old girl who has AIDS and in a few short months went from weighing what a healthy one-year-old baby weighs to being much healthier and having gained a healthy amount of weight.  Then "Stairway to Heaven".

Don't even ask me about the Black Eyed Peas performance. Unfathomable.

It is for a good cause, but it was so clear the celebrities who got it and sang appropriate music for the occasion and those who came on for some other reason.  I was a little saddened by the whole thing.  I hope the charity organization gets a bunch of donations (I will be doing my part) and I hope that they look at which parts bring them the most calls and donations and adjust accordingly for next year.

Maybe I'm just grumpy.

And then they didn't send Aaron home. :(

2 comments:

  1. Last night before bedtime :

    Tom: I gotta go brush my teeth

    Judi : Go do it.

    Tom: But it's Sir Elton John playing a red piano!

    (he was great)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed that part...I will have to watch it online... I wasn't watching live and then found out it went overtime. :( I will watch it for sure, tho. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin