Sunday, April 11, 2010

Piecemeal

How are we supposed to rehearse when half the songs aren't on the movie cd OR the original Broadway cast album?  I mean, really.  We are good, but we aren't THAT good.

If I had a dollar for every time I had to make a special CD and move all the songs around and then try to piece together all the different parts of songs that the producers or whoever decided to throw together, I'd be a wealthy woman. I think the last time we had a script that didn't match anything we had, it was "Jeckyll and Hyde".  We had 3-4 different CD versions and NONE of them were correct.  It was very irritating.

This one is almost as bad with songs from both the show and the movie moved around, missing, some added. Sigh.  It is hard to be brilliant when you don't have the materials. That's all I'm saying.  And I have never done "Dreamgirls" before, but the excitement is waning in the face of panic.

It will be fine, I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. Jekyll and Hyde was brilliant--it turned out quite well! Of course it was my FIRST show (with you!!) so I could be misremembering in the face of the adrenaline.

    You will ROCK, I have no doubt.

    xo
    t.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin