Saturday, May 21, 2011

Art - Glass Fusing

My friend found a Groupon for a class on glass fusing at Aquila Glass School back in January. I had never (and haven't again) purchased a Groupon but I thought it might be fun to do it.

I was TIRED this morning, but I decided I needed to take the class anyway.  I'm glad I did - it was fun and interesting. I would not normally take a glass anything class unless it was mosaic (I still want to make one). I decided that since it wasn't something I would normally choose, I should give myself the latitude to not be perfect, to play with designs and colors and see what happened. They will be firing the glass this week and I will be able to take pictures later. Unfortunately, my camera battery died and I wasn't able to get photos of the pieces before firing. I would have liked to compare, but maybe next time.  I will post photos of the finished pieces when I get them back.

After class, lunch at my favorite Thai place and then a quick stop at Collage where I found some cool washi tapes in colors I was looking for a few weeks ago. I can't wait to use it in my journal. Photos tomorrow - it is late and time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin