Friday, January 3, 2014

Blast from the Past

It has taken me a while to use this gift I got last year - I think I was afraid it wouldn't work...  It was a slide converter so that I could digitize some of the photos from my childhood.  Most of the pictures from my early childhood are slides that my family would pull out once a year or so, but that I haven't seen in more than 10 years - maybe 15 years.

Here is my favorite picture so far. It has lived in my memory for a long time, so I'm happy that it was close to the way I remembered it.  This was from a day at Cataract Lake (sp) in Colorado from when I was about 4 or 5 years old.  The story goes that we went to the lake and started fishing. The fish were practically jumping out of the water onto bare hooks and before my parents knew it, I was catching my limit and theirs. They didn't have the heart to make me throw back my fish, so most of the fish on the line were caught by me (hence the gigantic grin on my face).  Good memories of a good day. 


My styling mom is on the left, me in the middle and my sister on the right.  One of my all-time favorite photos of us. The only bummer is how few photos my dad was in. He was always the photographer (by design, I suspect).





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin