Saturday, October 17, 2020

So, 2020.

So, 2020. 

Yeah. Indescribable, really. Devastating. Lonely. Scary. Political. Contentious. Creative. Inventive. Collaborative. Agonizingly slow and fast at the same time. Disorienting. Disheartening.

Pandemic. Social reckoning. Massive political and social unrest. Fires.

I figured I should put something down for posterity. I don't have too much to say about it. 

This is not normal. It is not okay. 

Saving graces:

My interpreter coffee chat group (now online until further notice). Friends. Zoom. "Hamilton" An American Musical" (also known as Hamilfilm) on Disney+. Pentatonix releasing music for a good part of the summer. YouTube. Empathy. "Some Good News" before they stopped doing it on YouTube. Did I mention Pentatonix?

Anyway, this is just a marker. I'd tell some stories or something but March - July are relatively indistinguishable from each other. Then "Hamilton" was released. Then Pentatonix music a little while after that. The days are long but days off are kind of meaningless - all the same stuff, pretty much. Working from home (boo). 

Maybe someday I will look back and have some way to talk about all of this in some meaningful way. Right now, I don't, but I wanted to pop in and say something for that weird day in the future when I'm looking back and I wonder why I didn't write anything in 2020.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin