Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Joy Diet: Creativity

AARGH! Creativity (of this kind) rarely works! I know this is true and I HATE THAT!

I have said here before that I am NOT an adventurer. I don't like change and risk and at my heart, deep in the deepest parts of my soul, I understand that to really succeed at ANYTHING, you have to practice. You have to change and fail and learn and practice and fall down and get up again. And again. I have always been, by nature, a person who falls down and gets up but then proceeds to figure out how I can avoid falling down the same way again.

Now Martha Beck's book, "The Joy Diet" is reinforcing what I know - I just have to keep falling down. If I don't, I will never understand and experience the joy of NOT falling down. I KNOW. I don't have to like it, but I KNOW. You have to fall down many times, imperfectly, to get yourself to where you are going.

I also find it very interesting and telling that all my little ventures into self are leading to the same places - PRACTICE. RISK. CREATIVITY. INTENTION. Must mean there is something to it. I think I am ready to start practicing. To start falling and getting up. Ready to think about what I want and align my world to practice the behaviors that will lead me to those desires and intentions.

Anyway...more tomorrow...I have not completed the chapter, I just had to SCREAM. :)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin