Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Patch Failure

So, one of the people from work wanted to go to the Pumpkin Patch again this year.  We had gone last year and everyone had a good time.  Things have been so crazy lately that I didn't think of it until the second week of October.  When the person asked me, I told them to plan it and make a flier and I would get approval. Only I never got approval.

After this week of challenges, one person asked me about the Pumpkin Patch and I decided I was going to go ahead with it and if I didn't have "after-the-fact" approval, I would just pay for it as people needed to have something fun to end the week. 

Unfortunately, we didn't get the word out enough and also, the flu is sweeping through my office, so I knew the group would be small. I couldn't NOT go - what if someone showed up with their family and no one was there?  So I drove down to the Pumpkin Patch and I quickly realized that no one was coming.  I shopped in the Pumpkin Patch market and took pictures of some of their lovely fruit and veggies (practicing photography and also loving the colors).  The mud was an inch deep and I was afraid I was going to take a header, face down in the mud. I made it out unscathed, but my fear of standing in the middle of the field alone was almost realized - I wasn't in a field, exactly, but I was probably the oldest person there without a small child in tow. I stayed an hour, took my goodies and tromped through the mud back to my car and drove home.

I am exhausted. Going to bed. Boo. Happy Mischief day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin