Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bad Moodiness

Wednesdays seem to be an uphill battle for me right now. For some reason, I am more tired on Wednesdays than any other day of the week. I don't stay up late on Tuesdays or anything. I don't have to get up early on Tuesdays...it doesn't make sense to me, but for about the last two months, I have struggled with getting up on time, getting out of the house.

Today, I had a call that I had to be on for work, but I was running late. Then, I didn't have the number and passcode I needed, so I had to pull it up on the home computer which made me even later.

After the call, I was listening to the radio on the way to work and they were talking about how the state police in Michigan have a device where they can pull all your information from your cell/smart phone in the blink of an eye - even if you haven't committed a crime.  Many folks will say, "What do you have to hide on your phone?" but that is really beside the point.  It isn't that I have things to hide or private things or even anything that would get me into minor trouble - I don't. Why are we so willing to give up our privacy/rights for the sake of convenience?

Before you cry out "HYPOCRITE!", I am aware of the fact that my presence on Facebook and here on the blog means that I have already given up a certain amount of personal privacy. This is true. But I choose where and when and how I share. Those who know me know that there is much that is NOT SAID here, not said on Facebook.  I struggle mightily with the whole thing. Where is the line?  Is it my choice?  If I had my laptop sitting in my car and got pulled over, would we say it was okay for that information to be transmitted - for no reason- to the police? Would it be okay for them to say, take my address book and my personal correspondence?  I was reminded of this quote today:



AAARGGGHH!!  Sometimes, I wish my brain would just SHUT UP.

Anyway, the day continued that way ALL DAY LONG and then finally I got to watch "American Idol" but my bad day continued and I wasn't really too impressed with any of them tonight. I guess I will have to watch it again when I'm in a better mood.

1 comment:

  1. It is the blue toot in the phone. if you do not have it sent on ? Even my kids can get my info. They redid my phone so I have to approve the transfer.
    I see there are allot of strains in the world making every one feel different, tired. etc. And astrologer on the radio said it was mercury in retrograde causing changes. Any way. Have a great weekend. Sending you a big hug and lots of love.
    E

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin